With its relaxed atmosphere, thriving businesses, incredible shopping and dining venues, and array of scenic outdoor destinations, every day is extraordinary in Thousand Oaks.
The Pacitto Group would like to welcome you to this wonderful community. Here’s a brief overview of Thousand Oaks along with some helpful information to make your move as seamless as possible.
Thousand Oaks at a glance
Thousand Oaks is Ventura County’s second-largest city (next to Oxnard), with a population of over 126,000 residents and an area encompassing a little over 55 square miles. The city is located halfway between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, around 40 miles northwest of Downtown LA.
The Thousand Oaks area experiences a Mediterranean climate with sunny and dry summers and mild winters with moderate rainfall. Average temperatures here reach 70°F to 80°F in the summer and rarely go below 60°F during the winter.
Getting around the city
Thousand Oaks is served by two major routes: US Route 101 (Ventura Freeway) and State Route 23 (Moorpark Freeway). Ventura Freeway runs through the city, connecting it to LA and Ventura.
For public transportation, the city is served by Thousand Oaks Transit (TOT). It operates five bus routes in the local area and a seasonal bus route to Malibu’s Zuma Beach.
The city also operates a Dial-A-Ride program, open to residents aged 65 years and above and ADA cardholders. The service takes passengers to any point in the Thousand Oaks area, as well as Agoura Hills, Camarillo, Oak Park, Santa Rosa Valley, and Westlake Village. Learn more about public transit in Thousand Oaks.
Utility providers in Thousand Oaks
Setting up utilities for your new home? Here’s a list of major providers in Thousand Oaks:
- Electricity – Southern California Edison (SCE) is Thousand Oaks’ major electricity provider. Schedule a request to begin service.
- Water – Thousand Oaks has several water providers, including the City of Thousand Oaks and the Calleguas Municipal Water District. Visit the city’s utility service providers page for more info.
- Gas – Thousand Oaks is served by the Southern California Gas Company. Set up an account and request service.
- Trash pick-up/Recycling – Get in touch with Newbury Disposal or Conejo Valley Disposal for trash disposal and recycling services.
- Internet/Cable – Major providers in Thousand Oaks include AT&T, Verizon, DirecTV, Spectrum, and Frontier Communications.
Thousand Oaks’ breathtaking open spaces
One of the best parts about living in Thousand Oaks is enjoying the wealth of outdoor recreational opportunities the city has to offer.
Nestled against the majestic Santa Monica Mountains, the city features over 15,000 acres of open space consisting of enchanting oak woodlands, meandering creeks, and untouched hillside, all home to native flora and fauna. More than 150 miles of picturesque hiking, biking, and horseback riding trails wind throughout this vast landscape.
Head to this page for more detailed information about Thousand Oaks’ trails and open space.
Still searching for your dream home? Get in touch with us at The Pacitto Group today to find the best selection of Thousand Oaks homes for sale. You can reach us at 805.494.4663 or send your inquiries to Teri(dotted)Pacitto(at)sir(dotted)com.